martedì 30 ottobre 2012

What would you do if you had 2000 $ to spend?


What would you do if you had 2000 $ to spend?


Well... I dunno what u'll do but for sure I know what I will do...
My choice is not banal /bəˈnɑːl, -ˈnal/ (adjective: so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring - http://oxforddictionaries.com), even if you find words like FLIGHT, NEW YORK, DREAM, MUSIC, CONCERT, USA... and a man!!!
You'll also find words like... passion, childhood, movies, Academy Awards, Jaws...
well Jaws?!?! who the hell can have a dream concerning Jaws? Well me...
Now let me tell you a story... 
I was born in 1983, that year one of my favourite movies stars, Shirley MacLaine was making a movie that allowed her to win her first statuette... the movie was "Terms of Endearment", starring also the amazing Jack Nicholson... The man I'm dreaming about was probably seated at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles close to Shirley MacLaine... but I didn't know because I was sleeping or drinking milk...
I grew up with Jaws, E.T., Indiana Jones (I was mad about Indy), Home Alone, The Witches of Eastwick, Star Wars, Born on the fourth of July, Jaws and Jurassic Park... but I can continue...  until today.
After a while my parent and I went to Universal Studios, L.A. for me was a dream... and I enjoyed E.T, Jurassic Park and Jaws attractions... 
I do have to admit that I discoverd lately that the music I was crazy about, that music that worked like a Madeleine for Proust, worked also for me... and every time I listened to HIS music there was something that started to move in my stomach... 
The Man I'm talking about, my $ 2000 dream, was born in 1932... and his name is JOHN WILLIAMS
Williams received 47 Academy Award nominations and he is the second most nominated person after Walt Disney. Williams has won 5 Academy Awards (Fiddler on the Roof, Jaws, Star Wars, E.T. and Shindler's List), 4 Golden Globe Awards, 7 BAFTA Awards, and 21 Grammy Awards.
Being my madeleine, I would like to see him conducting his orchestra...
I'm sure John Williams’ concert will be one of the best live shows I could see in my entire life... he's a legend... and I'm really mad about him... I'm sure my stomach will go crazy... 
so... the question was: What would you do if you had 2000 $ to spend? 
I would buy a flight from Milan to New York  March  16, 2013
I would sleep at the Waldorf Astoria
I would have my bagle NY style 
...and finally on March 18, 2013 I would buy a dress... a simple long dress...
ready to see John... and let my butterflies fly away...


John Williams conducting, and with his Academy Award in 1977 for Star Wars









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

your comment makes me happy